I’ll admit that when it comes to makeup, I’m a bit of a hoarder. But that doesn’t mean I like to pile on foundation, mascara, and lipstick on a daily basis. Most days, I prefer to keep my look simple and natural looking.
However, just because you’re rocking the natural look, you can still look put together and pretty with a few easy steps. Below is a step-by-step guide to take your look from plain to polished.
- Perfect your canvas. In order for this look to work, your skin needs to be flawless. If you’re a foundation user, apply and blend, blend, blend! Next, cover any dark under eye circles and blemishes with concealer. Once you’re done with concealer, lightly dust powder all over, concentrating on your T-zone.
- Highlight your features. For extra impact and dimension, highlighting is key. Using a powder brush, dust highlighting shimmer along your temples and under eyebrows. Then apply the same highlighter to your cupid’s bow above your lip to add extra impact to your pout.
- Emphasize the eyes. Line the inner rim of your lower and upper eyes with a brown pencil eyeliner. If you feel the need for a little more makeup, dust a shimmery eye shadow that is one to two shades darker than your skin tone on your lids. Next, curl your lashes and apply two coats of mascara.
- Add some flushed cheeks. This step is very important because it’ll bring a little bit of life to your face. Using a foundation brush (or even your fingers if you prefer!), apply a rosy cream blush to the apples of your cheeks.
- Gloss it up! To make sure your lips are soft and smooth, run a wet washcloth over your lips. Then apply a sheer rosy lip gloss. Don’t forget to take some with you for on-the-go touchups!
This look is one of my favorites not only because it looks great, but it’s also perfect for those mornings that you don’t have much time. With these five steps, you’ll be able to roll out of bed and look fabulous in no time!