I say “random” because my July favorites are a mixture of all kinds of things…beauty, fashion, books, etc. Get ready and read on!
1. Pantene Pro-V Ice Shine Shampoo and Conditioner–I’ll be honest: I’m no hair care expert. However, I do like trying out different shampoos and conditioners. But no matter what brand I try, I always come back to Pantene Pro-V’s Ice Shine collection. First of all, I l-o-v-e the way it makes my hair smell. Seriously, sometimes I’ll be walking around and just grab a piece of my hair and smell it. Yeah, I’m weird. I know. And secondly, the conditioner is amazing. I have fine hair so I am careful with my conditioners…this one is not too light and not too heavy. It’s juuuuuust right!
2. Bath & Body Works Signature Collection Shower Gel in Wild Peach Poppies –I picked this up recently during Bath & Body Works’ big sale. Originally priced at $11.00 (um, ridiculous), I got it for under $3.00 and it smells AMAZING! This fragrance isn’t available on their website, but if you have a B&BW near you, I suggest you get down there and look for this!
3. Under the Dome—I’m not a big TV-watcher but I heard good things about this show so I decided to check it out. Based on a Stephen King book, the series follows several characters living in a small town that has been trapped under a mysterious dome. Seemingly sane townspeople start losing their minds, secrets are revealed, and everyone does what they feel is necessary to stay alive. It’s got some gruesome scenes, but if you can get past that, you’ll be on the edge of your seat!
4. The Fame Game by Lauren Conrad–As someone who grew up watching Lauren Conrad on Laguna Beach and The Hills, it makes sense that I’m reading this book, the second in Conrad’s spinoff series about the business of reality TV. Is it highbrow literature that will leave you with a sense of pride when you finish reading it? No. Is it a fun, frothy summer read full of juicy drama that will leave you wanting more? Oh, yeahhh!
5. Target Soy Candles–There’s nothing more annoying than buying a candle that smells amazing only to realize you can hardly smell anything when it’s burning. That’s why I was so excited when I discovered these candles at Target! I first tried out the smaller version in Sweet Spun Sugar and loved it so much I went back and purchased Red Velvet Cupcake in the same size. They both smell amazing and are just strong enough to be noticed. I definitely recommend them!