In case you didn’t get the memo, it’s officially summer! And while it’s one my favorite seasons, sometimes the hotter months can wreak havoc on your beauty routine. So to help combat that, I’ve prepared a list of my top nine summer beauty essentials to keep you looking fierce and fabulous all summer long!
1. SPF Moisturizer: While this should always be a staple in your beauty arsenal, it’s especially important in the summertime when the sun is beating down and you’re spending more time outdoors. Although I’ve tried many moisturizers on the market, I always go back to the classic Oil of Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer SPF 15.
2. Oil Blotting Sheets: These tend to be a year-round staple for me, but with all the extra *ahem* glistening that seems to happen in the summertime, these are always good to have on hand. You can find them at any drugstore!
3. Tinted Moisturizer (bonus points if it has SPF in it!): When it’s hot and humid out, the last thing I want is to feel like I’m wearing a mask of heavy makeup. Lately I’ve been wearing Jouer’s Matte Moisture tint. It’s lightweight and natural but still offers plenty of coverage.
4. Bronzer: Always a summer staple, bronzer definitely comes in handy when you want to create a nice, even-looking tan. Whether you use a powder or go for a liquid formula, bronzer will help you achieve the perfect beach goddess look.
5. Dry Shampoo: If you saw my June Favorites video, you know the thing I’m obsessed with right now is dry shampoo. It’s perfect for those times when you need to look fresh and presentable but don’t have time for a full-blown hair styling session. My favorite dry shampoo at the moment is Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo. And seriously, if you haven’t watched my video yet, you need to. Like right now.
6. Deep Conditioner: During the summer months, you’re probably spending a lot more time in the pool/ocean. And I’m betting you don’t wear a swim cap, right? (Don’t worry, I don’t blame you!) It comes as no surprise that chlorine and salt water aren’t the best things for your hair, so it’s important to deep condition at least once a week to keep your hair strong and healthy. This one is my favorite right now!
7. Hair Texturizer: I’ll be honest, I don’t spend a ton of time doing my hair. And during the summertime, the last thing I want to do is spend time blow drying it. To avoid that, I like using texturizers in my hair to give it a little extra sassiness. My absolute favorite is Garnier Fructis’ Surf Hair…just scrunch it into your hair and you’re good to go!
8. Shimmery Liquid Eyeliner: Everybody loves a good winged liner. But what we don’t love? When your liner doesn’t stay put. My go-to, long-lasting summer eyeliner is Mark’s Metalliner Hook Up Eye Glam in Bronze Edge. It’s a beautiful, bronzey liquid liner that’s easy to apply and doesn’t budge once you apply it. Perfect for those hot summer nights!
9. Bright nail polish: I’ll admit, I tend to stick with dark or nude colored polishes. But once the temperature starts heating up, I get a little more adventurous. I usually gravitate towards hot pink, green and lilac. A few of my favorites are Essie’s Secret Stash, OPI’s Thanks a Windmillion, and NYC’s Lexington Lilac.
What are your summer beauty essentials? Tell me in the comments section below!