If you know me at all, you know I’m totally into online shopping. So when I got an email from Sephora offering me triple points on my online purchase, I decided that now might be the time to finally try the Hourglass foundation I’ve been lusting after. Then, I got another email offering me all kinds of awesome, deluxe samples for being a VIB and I couldn’t resist. I only ended up paying for two products, but got so much awesome free stuff!
So, here it is, my latest beauty haul:
Hello Kitty Fragrance: Yes, I know I’m not 12 anymore, but I still can’t resist anything that has Hello Kitty on it. And this perfume actually smells nice! It has a few floral notes like freesia, magnolia and orange flower, but also has a nice musky finish which I’m definitely a fan of. Plus the packaging is so cute…no-brainer!
Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation: This was a MAJOR splurge for me. However, I’ve been wanting to try it for a very long time in the hopes that it would help calm my oily skin. After reading reviews and watching plenty of YouTube videos on the product, I purchased it in Golden and it is a pretty good match to my skin tone. Although it’s a great foundation that leaves a nice, matte finish, I’m not sure it works as well as I was expecting. Because of that, I’m considering returning it.
(Now on to the FREE stuff!)
The Greatest Hits Collection by Makeup Forever: I’ve been wanting to try this brand for, well, forever so I cashed in some of my VIB points for this little kit. Included in the vinyl makeup bag was the HD Microfinish Powder, HD Microperfecting Primer, Sens’Eyes Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser, and an Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Black.
VIB Celebration Sample Bag:
- First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser: I don’t see the point of spending tons of money on a face wash. After all, you’re basically pouring it down the sink. However, this is a nice, unscented cleanser that left my skin looking and feeling great. I definitely recommend it to those of you with sensitive skin!
- Stila Lip Glaze in Apricot: I have been wanting to try this gloss for a very long time. But like many girls, I’ve got an insanely large collection of lip gloss, so I could never justify making the purchase. I was so happy when I received this product and it definitely lives up to my expectations. It’s a peachy, nude color and the gloss stays put for a very long time! It has become one of my new favorites!
- L’Occitane Hand Cream in Shea Butter: I already own (and love!) the full-sized version of this hand cream. This one is a travel size that will fit perfectly into a smaller purse or clutch. It’s also unscented which I prefer because it won’t interfere with any other fragrance I may already be wearing.
- Sephora Eye Shadow in Mirror: I’m not a huge fan of dark shadows on my eyes, but this one is so pretty and shimmery! I’ll definitely wear it as a liner or smoke it out on my lower lash line for a night out.
- Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara: I’ve heard a lot of good things about this mascara but I don’t think it’s for me. I’m not crazy about the wand and I felt like it flaked a little too much. I still prefer my Maybelline One by One mascara.
- Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly: I already own a deluxe sample size of this lip gloss in the color Katie, a light shimmery pink and it’s wonderful. This color has the same staying power, but the color is a little more muave. I don’t like wearing a ton of color on my lips, and this gloss gives just a hint of berry color with a little shimmer. It’s perfect for those times when I want to take my look up a notch!
- Hanae Mori Eau de Toilette: Trying new fragrances is one of my favorite things, so I always love getting perfume samples. Although this is considered a men’s fragrance, it could definetely pass as a unisex fragrace. It’s a warm, spicy fragrance that I could definetely see myself wearing more during the colder months.
Have you tried any of these products? Tell me what you think about them in the comments! And if you have a haul post on your blog, leave me the link–I’d love to check it out!
Like what you see? Check out That Tall Girl on Facebook!