Raise your hand if you can’t quite believe that October is almost over. It’s crazy to think that November is just around the corner. But before we head on into a new month, there’s one thing that has to happen first: Halloween!
In honor of the spookiest holiday of the year, I’ve resurrected my favorite pumpkin carving tutorial featuring the one and only Hello Kitty.
Keep reading to a step-by-step tutorial!
1. Pick a pumpkin and clean out all the seeds and gross stuff from inside. This is my least favorite part.
2. Find a design you like. For me, simplicity is key. But if you’re up for a more intricate design, go for it. I found the stencil below right here.
3. Tape the stencil on your pumpkin–try to make it as flat as possible. Using a sharp tool, dot along the interior and exterior of the pattern (all the black lines).
4. Once you’ve dotted all around the stencil, remove the paper. Your pumpkin should look a little like this:
5. Get carving! Don’t be afraid to take your time! And you may need to use several different kinds of tools/knives. A small, serrated knife works well on the curves of this pattern.
6. Once you’ve cut all the way around the pattern, feel free to go back and fix any areas that may not be right. Your pumpkin should look a bit like this:
7. Pop a candle in and enjoy!