At the beginning of every year, it’s always nice to take a moment and reflect on the past year. If you happen to be a beauty blogger like me, that usually includes thinking about what makeup products made an impression.
Below are a few of the products that stood out to me in 2015. What were you loving during the last year?
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation: I’ve had a longstanding love affair with this foundation so this pick is nothing new. This foundation applies like a dream, lasts all day, and gives your skin a flawless look. What more do you need?
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder: I tried quite a few powders in 2015 (including this high end one) but I’ve finally come to terms with the fact that this budget friendly one from Rimmel is the best of the best. As the name implies, it keeps your skin looking matte and doesn’t make your face look cakey or powdery at all.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Concealer: Like the Tarte foundation I mentioned above, this concealer has been a love of mine for quite a while. It covers dark circles and brightens up my under eye area and it’s a breeze to apply. I can’t go a day without it!
- Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream Skin Clearing Perfector: For days when I don’t feel like applying tons of makeup, I reach for this BB Cream from Maybelline. It offers light coverage but still does a great job at evening out my skin tone. This BB cream also contains salicylic acid to clear skin while it covers!
- Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara: I feel like I’m always on the hunt for the perfect mascara. I tried out a few different high end and drugstore mascaras over the past year but always came back to this one from Too Faced. It gives tons of volume and length without clumping. Plus the packaging is too cute to pass up!
- Charlotte Tilbury Palette La Dolce Vita Eyeshadow Palette: If you read this post, you know I had a tough time making up my mind about this palette. It’s become one of my go-to palettes because it has everything you need (lid color, crease color, highlight, and sparkle) in one handy package.
mark. Glowdacious Illuminating Powder: This is a product I rediscovered in 2015 and I am so glad I did! I love applying this to my cheeks when I want a bit of a bronzey glow but each color is great on its own as an eye shadow or even a highlighter.
- Tarte Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush: I’ve used this brush from Tarte to apply my foundation for a long time and I still love it. The brush quickly blends out foundation and is definitely worth the investment.
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge: After applying foundation with the Tarte brush mentioned above, I love using this Real Techniques Sponge to press concealer into my skin. It fits perfectly around my under eye area and it’s a much cheaper alternative to some sponges on the market.
- Real Techniques Pointed Crease Brush: Part of the Real Techinques Bold Metals Collection, this little brush has come in so handy over the past year. It works well to apply eye shadow to your crease, outer V, and lower lash line.
Want more? Follow That Tall Girl on Instagram – @ThatTallGirlBlog