As I get older (the big 2-9 is fast approaching), I’ve made an effort to up my skincare game. I posted a night time skin care routine last year, but have since made quite a few changes.
My skin is somewhat oily and breakout prone but I’m also working to prevent signs of aging. My current routine is the perfect amount of acne fighting and fine line prevention and I’ve really been loving my skin lately.
Below is my full night time skin care routine. It might seem a bit excessive but it works. I’ll admit I don’t do all these steps every night, but when I do, I can definitely tell a difference in my skin.
- Cleansing Balm: When I feel like I’ve really caked on my makeup, I count on Clinique’s Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm to remove every ounce of makeup. It takes off everything from foundation to mascara and I couldn’t be happier with it.
- Cleanser: I’m a big fan of Neutrogena’s cleansers and am currently using their Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser. It smells amazing and leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh.
- Toner: This Acne Stress Control Triple-Action Toner is yet another Neutrogena product I love. I use it day and night to get my skin squeaky clean and prevent future breakouts. I really think it’s made a difference in the amount of breakouts I’ve had and I highly recommend it.
- Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil: I know. This retinol face oil is crazy expensive. However, purchase this set for a bit of a price break and give it a try. I’ve used this sleeping oil for a few months and have noticed such an improvement in my skin. Trust me, it’s worth the investment.
- Moisturizer: After letting the Sunday Riley oil sink in for a few minutes, I apply a bit of the Olay Regenerist Sculpting Face Cream to my face and neck. It’s affordable and moisturizes the skin without causing breakouts.
- Eye Cream: I recently came across the Glow by Dr. Brandt Revitalizing Retinol Eye Cream and I’m obsessed with it. It contains retinol and mosturizes the eye area while preventing and reducing fine lines.
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate: Finally, after all the above mentioned products have had time to sink in, I pat this oil on my face to seal everything in. It can also be used on your hands, feet, or in a warm bath.
What are your favorite skin care products?